Saturday, March 12, 2011

Creativity Abounds

The magazine Creating Vintage Charm came out this week and wonder of wonders, I am in it--and I'm super excited! If you would like to order your own copy, it is available online and you can find it by clicking on their website.

Gail's Work

As so many of you know, I design for Shabby Cottage Studio. Well, I thought you would like to meet the wonderful woman behind all the creativity at a place I lovingly refer to as "the cottage." Her name is Gail and she not only has an online store filled with awesome graphics and craft items, but also a beautiful vintage store in the mountains of Tennessee....I wanted to show you pictures of her work and her storefront--pure beauty!!


Gisele's Work

But, this week's feature would not be complete without mentioning the news of the past few days regarding the tragedy in Japan. My heart goes out to those people and all that they are going through. Please keep that country in your prayers.

A few months ago, I had the privilege of meeting a fellow artist named Gisele from Canada. I fell in love with her Asian art and I wanted to share it with you today. So that you will know her better, perhaps reading the words from her delightful header will show you what a fun person she is.

"Welcome into my world; be careful not to trip over paper,buttons,brads,lace or any of the other toys I am always playing with... I am a cardmaker who dabbles in altered art..."

When I read this, I thought of my own work space and how I have to wade past boxes and bags and ribbons and flowers....I get organized, take a picture, and 2 days later, I'm back where I started--in pure "Mixed Media Heaven," or what my husband refers to as "Cindy's Art Chaos!" lol

Have a beautiful week...and remember, don't take all good things for granted!

If you have a chance this week, I hope you'll enjoy meeting these 2 women and getting to know them better.

XO
Cindy




16 comments:

  1. Congrats Cindy on your magazine feature! That is so exciting, and I am so very happy for you! Can't wait to see you in print! And I will pay Gail and Giselle a visit! Thanks for showcasing the work of so many amazing women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEHHHHH!! So so happy for you!
    You ROCK!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your magazine news Cindy, that's really fabulous for you.
    Gorgeous artwork here too and those kimonos really caught my eye.
    My elder daughter is studying Japanese and is currently worrying about the friends she made over there as she spent a year at Tsukuba, only returning a few months back. We're praying that everyone will be safe as the news seems to get worse every day.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be in a magazine!! Congrats!
    Had to smile about the work space also....I try...really try but it always goes back to a mess. The thing is that I can find things better when it is mess....When I clean it up I feel lost.
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news Cindy, another feature and I am so pleased for you.
    Yes the news from Japan is shocking isn't it? Like you my heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan and particularly those in the devastated areas.
    Hope you are having a good weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!! That is great. I will have to order the mag. Love everyone's work here. Great features.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Cindy!!! So proud and happy for you!!! You are a shining Star!! Wonderful features!!!:) xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot Woot! You deserve it hunee! Can't wait to get my copy!
    xo
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yahoo!!!! Happy for you my friend. Will check it out.

    Already visited Gisele's place and loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Cindy. I hope to get around to visiting them soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy, another brilliant edition. what a beautiful page well done Gail your work is gorgeous and Giselle and love the Japenese pieces. Its absolutely heartbreaking to see what this disaster has done. We are watching here in the UK too and its so heartbreaking.
    Congratulations on your publication in the magazine. i would get it but to be honest its an expense i cant justify at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Cindy! So deserved in many ways! Beautiful creations you have selected for this week's magazine! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Cindy! And thank you for introduding us to Gail and Gisele. Those kimonos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!!!!!I am on my way over to their site rigt now to order a magazine. Congratulations:)
    My hear and prayers to out to those in Japan too. Those poor people have to deal with so much tragedy. And I keep hearing that they are going about their daily lives working through it. I love to read about different cultures. It is amazing how much we are alike and how different all at the same time.
    Have a wonderful day, my friend. I am on my way over to purchase a magazine!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Cindy. Have a wonderful week! La

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg, I have this magazine and LOVE it! Congrats on the pub! So happy to have found your awesome blog from Theresa!!! xOxO

    ReplyDelete