Friday, September 30, 2011

How to Make a Favicon and Insert it Into Blogger



First--what is a FAVICON? Look up at the top of this blog where the address bar is...See the fleur de lis? That is a favicon. It is a teeny tiny picture to put into your blog address to personalize it.


If you would like to create a favicon for your blog,
first go HERE. At this website, you will upload a
picture from your computer and it will automatically
create a small favicon for you. When you get the
picture, save it to your desktop.

Then, go to your blog. For purposes of this
demonstation, I am showing you my Whimsical Musings
blog.

As you look at your own blog, go to the top of the page
where it says "Design" and click it.



Here you will come to your Template. At the top
left, you will see it says "favicon."




At this point, click "Edit."



Now you will be asked to choose a file from your desktop.
You will choose the image you just made at the other
website. So, choose the file and click "save."

Now, exit your blog completely and once you are
at your browser, come back and visit your
blog again. Your favicon should appear up in
the search bar.

Note: Sometimes they are tricky and you may have
to insert them more than once--I know because I had
that happen, although I have no idea why! But, if it does
give you a problem, just try to upload it again.

I hope that this has been helpful. I am the author
of 3 Amazon e-books.

These are not technical in nature, but rather
are inspiration for creating your blogs.




Thanks so much for visiting! If this was helpful,
please let me know. I'd always appreciate it if
you could post this to Facebook--the button
is right underneath this post and says "F."

All the best,
Cindy

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, and I don't understand, what is a favicon?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I'm having trouble creating a favicon. I upload my image, and I can see this teeny tiny preview and I can tell my pic is too little so I'd like to manually fill in the edges but I can't preview what it looks like when I've added some color, its far to tiny. Am I missing a preview button or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the seminar! I learned a lot of new things to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, this is a great seminar, very helpful. I had NO idea what a flavicon was!!! I am so very grateful for all your help.Thanks bunches, Maki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cindy,

    Another great seminar!

    I keep telling everyone, "I just need to find this or that and it will help me along the way to setting up a great blog." I can't tell you how much you've helped me, and so many, many more, I'm sure! And, you do it out of the goodness of your heart, not charging any of us a thing! You've saved me countless hours and I'm sure tons of frustration by having this info at the tips of our fingers!

    Thank you!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy,

    I just read through your helpful hints. I enjoyed the introduction your
    approach is friendly & inviting. I read the section on the Favicon, it
    appears to be step by step, which is ideal. Although, there is no mention
    for image size/pixel size. I went to 101, the overview. I was hoping to
    be able to follow step by step with all things template.For example: how
    to navigate with gadgets? How to apply them, how to link to ? ect. Maybe
    I missed something? Any assistance I would be grateful. Thank you. Inez

    ReplyDelete