Saturday, October 8, 2011

Make Yourself Visible through Blogging

I am in the midst of doing research for a new book. Because it is about blogging, I have been looking for very specific blogs and want to talk about the people who own them. But, guess what? Nine out of ten times when I find a blog about the topic I am researching, the owner of the blog is not available.

So, if you own a blog, you never know who may be wanting to interview you. Make sure that you have an email address available so that people can actually reach you and have a conversation or ask for more info. etc.

Who would have a blog or website that promotes a business and not make their information available to people who find them on the internet? Even if someone's name comes up at the top of Google, unless they are available to discuss their wares, it all seems pointless. Just sayin'....

Until next time,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for the great information in your seminar on blogging. I am desperately trying to improve my blog. Any help gratefully received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true and one of my pet peeves. At the very least fill out the email part of your profile so people may contact you. Great advice Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    So true! I have had people email me about the woodworkers transfer tool. It's a wonderful way for them to be able to ask me questions.

    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete