Saturday, October 8, 2011

Organic Traffic

If you have already "taken the plunge" into blogging, I should explain the importance of backlinks--links from other people's blogs to yours. The more links to you, the more valuable your blog is as a commodity.

Did you know that people can buy backlinks? Yes, they can! But, this is frowned upon by search engines like Google. Instead, they want you to have natural or "organic" traffic--meaning that people come to you or link to you because they think you have something valuable to say.

How is your organic internet garden growing? If you want to check your blog's ranking, just go to my FREE online seminar up above and in the first class is a place where you can go to check yours.

Until next time, Happy blogging!

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Oh I could not see myself buying backlinks! I do like people to come to my blog, because they enjoy the visit! Kind of like my visits to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Terry - seems immoral to buy them.
    Have a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    I had checked last week and I'm a two. I'd love to get it to a four. I have just been learning about backlinks. I will be blogging a full year in February. There is still so much more to learn. :-)

    Happy blogging,
    xo,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete