Sunday, October 2, 2011

How to Get Rid of Word Verification on Blogger



Welcome!

First, let me say that when people want to leave messages--and are in a hurry--it is very annoying to have to put a word verification in after leaving a thoughtful comment. So, here is how you can get rid of it to make things easier on your blog visitors.

From your main page, go to DESIGN. Click it.  (I have used a picture of my own blog up above.)  Once you click Design from your OWN blog it will take you to the template page where all the good stuff happens!



You will see your TEMPLATE page.  On the left side bar, push SETTINGS.


A page will appear like the one above.  When you get to that page, simply click POSTS AND COMMENTS on the left sidebar.


Once you are on that page, you will see your options.  Where it says COMMENT MODERATION,
click NEVER.

Save and you're done!!!

Thank you for viewing my tutorial. I hope it has been helpful. For more info. on blogging (not the technical part), I have written 2 books, which are each available on Amazon. They are:





Thanks for visiting,

Cindy Adkins

If this tutorial has been helpful, please click the +1 button down below--thanks so much!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I love that you have set these tutorials up here. I've already referred some friends to your blogs since they are wanting to start a blog of their own.
    I have to confess dear Cindy, I did't know that you had two other blogs besides your one that I knew about. It was just a few weeks ago, please forgive me.
    Ok, I've got to go read about flavicons and get some up on my blog.
    Warm hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy,
    That is so frustrating when you leave and nice comment, and then you have to go through something else to finish. I'm sure many will appreciate this. It's good to know.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! I google searched this topic, and your blog was the most helpful. I have ridded my blog of word verification. Woot!

    www.thequirkypoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, your tutorials are a great help. I'm new at this and just today found your blog. I ordered your two blogging for women books tonight and have already read them (on my Kindle). They really gave me some good ideas and I believe I will be able to make my blog more interesting because of them. Thank you so much, Maki of Maki's Little Red House.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much !

    also, please check out my blog and please comment, follow, and share to others...thanks!

    http://econ101tech.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Glad to be rid of word verification. Few things irritate me more than to have to do that extra verification that ensures I am not a 'bot'. Who ever thought that 'bots' would want to make comments on our blogs BUT if it becomes a big problem I now know how to put that pesky verification back :)- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete