Friday, October 7, 2011

Word Verification for Blogger

Word verification for Blogger helps eliminate spam or unwanted comments. However, when visitors take their time to visit your blog and make a comment, they do not appreciate having to put a code into a box.

So...what did I do? I got rid of word verification on ALL my blogs because I really want them to be "visitor-friendly." If you want to know how to get rid of yours, just go HERE for my quick tutorial that can walk you through it in minutes.

I have gone to blogs that have word verification, make a comment, see that screen pop up that demands I unscramble a word and I am "out of there!" I don't like it and it slows down the process of visiting blogs that I deem really important to me. If I want to make a comment about someone's beautiful table setting , I don't want to feel like I am at the Pentagon going through security. Just sayin'....


Cindy


7 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy: I have gone to my own blog and tried to confirm I have gotten rid of word verification. If I have not please let me know. Thank you so very much for all of your blog help. I am still reviewing each of the classes and working through them. You are super generous to help us novice bloggers. Wonderful weekend dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Cindy(word verification). Some blogs even have the verification, THEN you have to have the comment approved!!
    thanks for all your Blogging tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true. Can't tell you how often I post on a blog only to be left waiting, and waiting
    for the word to appear!! I usually give up and move on.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I tell you how much I hate "word verication" (haha). It's double so after spending several hours visiting blogs and commenting and having to put the scrambled word in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That "word Verification" has to go! I mean really! The worse part is when you type it in and miss one of those scribbled letters??? Oh I just put up something quite goulish! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a couple of ideas for tutorials.
    1. how to fix your blog margins so pics and texts don't run over into the margins
    2.backgrounds are important...sometimes backgrounds can keep a reader from seeing text properly.
    help!

    ReplyDelete