Sunday, October 2, 2011

What does the Google Plus 1 Button Mean?


Here is a screen shot of my Whimsical Musings blog (my main blog.) To see a close-up, just click on the image of the page. If you notice below the post, there is a +1 button in turquoise-blue. People have been asking me what it means.

If you read a post and you like it and/or it was helpful to you, if you click the +1 button, it will let people know that you appreciate the article and time it took for them to write it. It is very much like a "Like" button on Facebook.

To me, it is just courteousness. It's like saying "Thank you" or "I'm happy to see you." It only takes a second to push it and if it helps my friends in blog land get more recognition, I am happy for that!

I hope this was helpful. If it was, could you please push the +1 button for me? I would like other people to understand what it is all about and hopefully news of this will travel quickly from one blog to another--that's my goal!

I am the author of 3 e-books on Amazon:

Blogging: It's a "Woman" Thing

Blog from the Heart: A Woman's Guide to Blogging

For Brides Only: Creating a Wedding Blog

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

Cindy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy!
    Thanks for letting us know! I clicked on this on my own blog when I saw it... whoops!
    I +1 buttoned yours-and this time I meant it! Haha! Now that I know what it means.
    Thank you for all your info, Cindy.
    I hope you had a great weekend.
    Love,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll +1 you!
    I didn't know what it meant! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it girlfriend. If it wasn't for you, I would have no idea what the heck it was. I probably would have never even noticed.
    A big THANK YOU coming your way.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know what it meant. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well sweetie, you are a +1 lady! Hope you are enjoying your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I see it, I'll give it a try Cindy, thanks for giving us a heads up as I would have never known that in a zillion years! Hugs marilou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, it worked, maybe we could all do that for each other! You should hold a blog party called plus 1 and we could all go around plus oneing each other! lol Probably not a bad idea when you think about it! Hugs sweet friend, Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cindy! I didn't know what it was either.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, thanks so much for leading me to your blog 101. It is amazing how easy some of these things are if there is someone to explain them. Will I be able to "catch up' by reading your book.? Again. Thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Cindy, I went straight and added my +1 button and pressed yours. You are a star.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete